Who doesn’t love a vacation?
Each year our Host Homes program provides affordable vacation opportunities to encourage people with disabilities to explore the world around them. Participants get to enjoy a much-needed break while hanging out and seeing the sights with their friends. Our goal of the vacations is also to promote independence, respect, and cooperation among peers. Whether a stay-cation or out-of-state adventure we have something for everyone.
Spots fill up quickly. If you would like more information or trip details before signing up, feel free to contact us.
Host Homes Vacation Guide
- Non-Host Homes participants will be asked to pay an upcharge of $20.00 per vacation.
- *The typical ratio for trips is 8 vacationers to 3 escorts, though if there is a need for additional support on a particular trip we will make every effort to accommodate everyone. Any staff support needed above what is currently being offered will require additional costs based on that individual’s needs.
- The fees for the trips include meals, entry fees, transportation costs and accommodations. The only other expenses during your trip are snacks or souvenirs the participant chooses to purchase. In order to keep prices down, the cost is based on four-person occupancy. That means up to four people may share a room, and vacationers will likely share a bed.
- In order to ensure your spot on a trip, make sure to turn in your application and deposit as soon as possible. A deadline for a trip may not be until the end of May, but that does not mean there will be an open slot available at that time. If the minimum number of travelers is not met, a trip may be canceled and deposits refunded.
- For each trip, the traveler is expected to bring his/her state ID, insurance card, medications (properly marked), adequate clothes, proper shoes for the activity, and hygiene supplies.
- Transportation will be required to and from each trip’s designated departure point.
- Pre-trip details, including when and where to meet your group as well as what to pack, will be mailed 1-2 weeks prior to your vacation.